Ethereal-users: Re: [Ethereal-users] capture_sync.c:625 assert failure in 0.10.11

From: Ulf Lamping <ulf.lamping@xxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 24 Jun 2005 02:05:04 +0200
Andrew Esh wrote:

>Ethereal 0.10.11 was seriously not working for me.
>
>After pressing the stop button on the capture dialog, ethereal was
>segfaulting on Linux 2.6.11. The error indicated an assert failure on
>line 625 of capture_sync.c, which is this code:
>
>    g_assert_not_reached();

Hi Andrew!

I've done several changes to the capture engine before the 0.10.11
release, as the engine was in real need of a redesign.

Unfortunately, I've introduced some new bugs while doing the redesign,
which are fixed in the latest developer sources.

I would suggest that you may try a buildbot release or simply wait till
the next official release (which I expect "somewhere" around the next week).

Regards, ULFL