Ethereal-users: Re: [Ethereal-users] HTTP Dissector Question

From: Jerry Talkington <jtalkington@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 20 Jun 2005 13:17:23 -0700
On Fri, Jun 17, 2005 at 03:56:30PM -0700, Chris Alton wrote:
> I know Ethereal can dissect "Accept-Encoding: gzip" but it seems to have
> trouble dissecting "Accept-Encoding: gzip, deflate" (it still leaves the
> compressed part of the web page in an compressed/unreadable format)
>
> Is there anyway to get ethereal to dissect these types of pages?

Accept-Encoding is what the client sends to indicate that it will accept
one of those types, Content-Encoding in the response indicates that
either gzip or deflate was used (it could be other, but those are the
most prevalent,) and Ethereal will decode either of those.

If it's not being decoded, then there is something else going on, such
as out of order or retransmitted packets.

--
GPG public key:
http://pgp.mit.edu:11371/pks/lookup?op=get&search=0x9D5B8762