Ethereal-users: [Ethereal-users] Re: GSM/GPRS Traffic

From: Y Z <ommy_ss@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 20 Jun 2005 08:42:14 -0700 (PDT)
1. Thanks for the answer. Actually I was thinking whether I can use Ethereal in place of GSM/GPRS protocol analyzer which is hooked up at the Abis or Gb interface and get some simple statistics.

2. I have attached a sample of capture I did with ethereal 0.10.11 (Sample doc) and also ran through tcptrace.  Packets that tcptrace reported as retransmitted packet is reported as out-of-order packet by ethereal and vice versa. Also it seems that ethereal missed one retransmitted packet.  Appreciate very much if anyone can really explain all these as I need some reliable statistics for my testing.

3. Again out of topic ;-) .. I also had pasted ethereal preferences menu in the Sample doc which I opened and I don't know whether it's a bug or just that my screen is too small (10" :-D), it doesn't fit the whole monitor. Have a look...

Thanks again.

Yahoo! Sports