Ethereal-users: [Ethereal-users] Problem with decoding COTP from CLNS packets.

From: "Lee Gray" <Lee.Gray@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 15 Jun 2005 15:11:21 +0100
Hi,

I have an application where I am using OSI protocols, with COTP carried
within CLNP PDUs. I am using NSAPs with a Network Selector (i.e. the last
byte of the NSAP) of 0x01.

Ethereal is not decoding the COTP payload. It is only decoding as far as
the CLNP part of the PDU.

Is there anything I can do to force Ethereal to decode the COTP? I thought
that the "Decode As" option may have helped, but it does not seem to be
available for CLNP packets.

>From the Ethereal source code (packet-clnp.c) I can see that there are COTP
decodes provided, but they appear to only be enabled when either the NSEL
is set to 0x21, or the flag always_decode_transport is set (which it is
not).

Thanks,
      Lee.