Ethereal-users: Re: [Ethereal-users] RDP & ethereal

From: Hansang Bae <hbae@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 15 Jun 2005 19:51:15 -0400
On 07:01 AM 6/15/2005, Adrian Rutter wrote:
>Hi, I am running some performance tests on a Terminal Server for an
>application we develop. However, I need to retrieve the timings from the
>terminal client (the user experience) and not the server. Is it possible
>to measure the RDP latency with ethereal?

This is very difficult because everything gets funneled inside the RDP packets.  Your best bet may be to right some VB scripts that carry out certain functions like Open Email message, Open attachment, Modify attachment and Resend the email.

If it's scripted, you can try it with and without the terminal server.

hsb