Ethereal-users: Re: [Ethereal-users] using ethereal to decode dtap packets

Date: Wed, 15 Jun 2005 18:48:05 +0200
I've checked in the DLT_USERXX exactly to workarround this kind of
issues, I generate h248 only pcap files from logs set the DLT to one
of the user dlts thyen I configure DLT_USERXX to use a the h248
dissector to handle the payload of the file. Works OK for me.

The issue here is also that none of the  DTAP dissectors (neither GSM
nor ANSI) are currently registered by name that makes this tecnique
unapplicable to the specific case.

On the other hand to register gsm_a_dtap by name is just "2 lines of
code in a file" away... to register all the dissectors by name would
few hundred lines of code in few hundred files.

Luis.