Ethereal-users: [Ethereal-users] SMS Analysis

From: "ALI AIMAN (A/EMDV)" <aiman@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 14 Jun 2005 14:45:53 +0500

Hi

I was trying to use ethereal to analyze SMS traffic over ss7 link (GSM MAP). And found out that that the vales under “TP-Service-Centre-Time-Stamp” were not correct. Looks like these bytes represent he B msisdn!!! Well maybe I’m wrong….…. Just curious, can you please verify.

I used a Tectronix K1205 to capture the packets and used text2pcap.exe to convert the HEX Dump to pcap

This e-mail has been scanned for all viruses by the Dhiraagu Managed Spam
and Email Virus Protection service - powered by MessageLabs. For more
information on a proactive managed e-mail security service, visit
http://www.dhiraagu.com.mv