Ethereal-users: Re: [Ethereal-users] Ethereal packet capturing driver

From: Guy Harris <gharris@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 10 Jun 2005 09:34:39 -0700
Paul Melland wrote:
I am having difficulty locating the packet capturing driver that is supposed to installed on my Windows XP machine before Ethereal is functional. This driver is mentioned on another site that describes how to use Ethereal. I understand that Wincap needs to be installed, which i have done. But the packet capturing driver is still missing.

"The packet capturing driver" is part of WinPcap, and if that was installed correctly, the driver should be there (I think it's called "npf.sys").

You should ask the WinPcap developers about this.

Where is that other site that mentions the packet capturing driver?