Ethereal-users: [Ethereal-users] Possible bug in tethereal -z stats module on 0.10.11

From: "Tim Everitt" <tim.everitt@xxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 10 Jun 2005 14:03:13 +0100
I regularly use the tethereal -z stats module to extract statistics to CSV
files for graphing.

In tethereal 0.10.11 -z stats module the use of frame.<any> fields seems to
have stopped working. Other fields seem to be working correctly.

The command

tethereal -r <pcapfile> -q -z "io,stat,60"       works correctly.

The command

tethereal -r <pcapfile> -q -z "io,stat,60,SUM(tcp.len)tcp.len"    works
correctly.

But the command

tethereal -r <pcapfile> -q -z "io,stat,60,SUM(frame.pkt_len)frame.pkt_len"
has stopped working since 0.10.10. It seems to find no matching frames so
produces only one line in the output table for 0-60 secs with a value of
zero.

Any use of a "frame.<any>" field has stopped working in the stats module.
All other variables seem to be working correctly. The use of frame.pkt_len
as a display filter is working correctly so the command

Tethereal -r <pcapfile> -R "frame.pkt_len>100"       works correctly.

I have excluded disabled_protos and preferences files by moving them aside.

The system was built from the www.ethereal.com source on a Linux RedHat 9
system. The build completed normally.

Any suggestions anyone? Is this a known bug? I've checked the open bugs list
and no sign of anything similar.

Regards, Tim Everitt.