Ethereal-users: Re: [Ethereal-users] Regarding text2pcap

Date: Thu, 9 Jun 2005 04:28:47 +0200
By default text2pcap assumes the data is encapsulated as ethernet,
anyway you can choose which encapsulation your data is using.

Try first with options
  -l 127 ( 802.11 plus radiotap WLAN header )
  -l 163 ( 802.11 plus AVS WLAN header )

If neither of those work, you can get the latest svn snapshot from
http://www.ethereal.com/distribution/buildbot-builds/ and then you can
use "-l 147" and set the preferences of DLT_USER00  to decode the
payload as any protocol you like (use the filter name  [lowercase] of
the protocol). You can also choose how many bytes (if any) you want to
get rid of before and after that protocol (you can also choose to
decode the header and trailer as you wish).