Ethereal-users: [Ethereal-users] Remote Capture problems...

From: "Gary Tomkinson" <gary@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 8 Jun 2005 22:33:00 -0400
I've been looking at this for a while now and just can't seem to capture any traffic when I use Ethereal on my workstation and rpcapd on the target server that I want to sniff packets on.  I'm using NULL authentication and am pretty sure I have the remote interface listed correctly as:-

rpcap://10.30.10.20/\Device\NPF_{7782C70B-D529-4CE2-96D2-6EF76FCB78AB}

Like I said, I get the packet window but no packets.  Anyone else get this working?  Maybe the authentication is biting me but I have no idea how to use the autjentication side of rpcapd.

Thanks, ZED28