Ethereal-users: [Ethereal-users] portable ethereal element

From: "Oren Mazor" <oren.mazor@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 02 Jun 2005 14:48:34 -0400
Hi all,

I'm trying to develop a sort of 'portable' ethereal. Something that I could put on a cd and move around and run on any machine (and by any machine I mean gnome based machines at redhat9 and above).

Are there any solutions for this out there already? Anything on CD or USB key works.

My current best solution is using a knoppix-std, mounting it on the target machine (not booting into it) and running ethereal right off it. Would this work even?

thanks for any and all suggestions,
Oren