Ethereal-users: Re: [Ethereal-users] ocsp? how does ethereal id a protocol?

From: Brian Craft <bcboy@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 2 Jun 2005 09:58:33 -0700
On Fri, May 27, 2005 at 07:57:57AM +1000, ronnie sahlberg wrote:
> There is an OCSP dissector there
> and it supports OCSP over HTTP
> when mediatype is application/ocsp-request or application/ocsp-response
>
> the ocsp dissector registers itself as being the dissector for the two
> mediatypes above.
> when http dissecotr finds these two mediatypes it will call oscp.
>
> can you send me a trace with an example i can look at why it doesnt
> decode it as ocsp ?

I eventually got it to work by doing "Decode as... HTTP". It didn't
occur to me before going through the code that decoding as HTTP would
invoke the OCSP code.

Oddly, only the response gets decoded as OCSP. The request is only
decoded as HTTP. I thought for a moment that it was a GET/POST issue (it
looks like the dissector only handles POST), however the request is a
POST. Dunno what the problem is. Perhaps some fragmentation issue.

b.c.