Ethereal-users: [Ethereal-users] Ethereal on W2K

From: "Rancier, Jeff" <Jeff.Rancier@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 28 Apr 2005 19:49:24 -0400
I just recently installed Ethereal on Windows 2000, and tried to capture any
data to/from my PC.  If I specify no filters, I appear to get all network
activity, with the exception of my own.  Although unlikely on a Windoze box,
I thought perhaps I wasn't sending/receiving, so I started pinging myself.
Nothing.  Any ideas?  Seen this before?  Should I down/up grade?  Here's my
info:

Version 0.10.10 (C) 1998-2005 Gerald Combs <gerald@xxxxxxxxxxxx>

Compiled with GTK+ 2.4.14, with GLib 2.4.7, with WinPcap (version unknown),
with libz 1.2.2, with libpcre 4.4, with Net-SNMP 5.1.2, with ADNS.

Running with WinPcap (3.0 alpha3) on Windows 2000 Service Pack 4, build
2195.

Thanks,
Jeff