Ethereal-users: Re: [Ethereal-users] non root users of ethereal under fedora core 3?

From: Breen Mullins <bmullins@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 11 Apr 2005 11:48:59 -0700
On Mon, 2005-04-11 at 18:24 +0200, Uwe E. Bilger wrote:
> Hello,
>
> to my knowledge, it is not possible to run Ethereal under Fedora Core
> 3 under another user but root.

Hi Uwe --

I've had no problems running ethereal as a normal user using sudo.
Have you tried that?

Hmm. We had the same question last week. This could be an selinux
issue -- please try 'cat /selinux/enforce' . If the file contains
a 1, try echo "0"> /selinux/enforce (as root, of course) and try
ethereal again.

Breen

--
Breen Mullins                      408-435-8401x123
SQA Engineer                       0xde05499b