Ethereal-users: [Ethereal-users] Re: "Update packets in real time" not working

From: zara <425318@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 6 Apr 2005 22:55:59 -0400
I've discovered (using Winternals' Filemon utility) that Ethereal is using a wrong path to look for its' plugins.

The correct path is:
C:\Program Files\Ethereal\plugins\0.10.10\

But Ethereal is looking in
C:\Program Files\Ethereal\plugins\0.10.6\

I used to have Ethereal 0.10.6 installed previously, but I've upgraded to 0.10.10, so "0.10.6" directory does not exist anymore.

I've searched through registry, I've done full uninstall and reinstall of Ethereal 0.10.10, I've even installed Ethereal 0.10.6 back and uninstalled it cleanly - nothing helps. It continues to look for non-existant directory 0.10.6

Does anybody know where the plugin path is set? I'd like to correct the path manually, if I can find where it's set. It doesn't seem to be in registry...

The Filemon log is attached.