Ethereal-users: Re: [Ethereal-users] help about ethereal options

From: Guy Harris <gharris@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 06 Apr 2005 19:28:41 -0700
bunty wrote:

I have developed a new dissector which is giving me segmentation fault. I want to know what should be the reason for that i post on ethereal-dev but got answer that start ethereal in debug mode but i dont knoe how to start it.

By "Start ethereal in debug mode" Francisco probably mean "start Ethereal while running in a debugger", such as gdb or dbx (or a graphical front end to those such as DDD) on various UN*Xes, or in the Microsoft Visual C++ debugger on Windows. There is no option in Ethereal to "run in debug mode".