Ethereal-users: Re: [Ethereal-users] General info about Ethereal

From: Marco van den Bovenkamp <marco@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 27 May 2004 16:58:07 +0200
John Rosenlof wrote:

I was referred to this program by someone who told me that it was one of the better network diagnostic tools. I'm new to this field and I was wondering if Ethereal can tell me in KB/s or Kb/s how fast my network is running? If so, how would I do that ? I got kind of confused reading all of the FAQ's.

Yes, Ethereal *can* do that, but it's not really what it's for. If general network stats & pretty graphs are what you're looking for, take a look at NTOP (http://www.ntop.org/ntop.html)

--

		Regards,

			Marco.