Ethereal-users: Re: [Ethereal-users] Re: updated net-snmp/ethereal patch

From: Guy Harris <gharris@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 24 Oct 2002 21:35:47 -0700
On Thu, Oct 24, 2002 at 03:13:48PM -0700, Wes Hardaker wrote:

> Guy> I wrapped the stuff to get the header file to get the SNMP
> Guy> version in #ifdef HAVE_SOME_SNMP/#endif, and made it include
> Guy> <net-snmp/version.h> if HAVE_NET_SNMP is defined (as, otherwise,
> Guy> "netsnmp_get_version()" isn't declared).
>
> Ok.  netsnmp_get_version() should always be there even if the header
> is not (but it should always be there on a fully installed system).

Yes, but I think MSVC++ complained about the function not being declared.
I forget whether it was a warning, or an error; an error wouldn't make
sense, but there's at least one other place where MSVC++ 6.0 appears to
violate the C89 spec - the warnings it produces when compiling the Lemon
parser are, as far as I can tell from reading the spec, bogus.  It
might've been an error due to some variable declaration being missing,
although I don't think there's a variable that would be missing.

> Guy> (We only support UCD SNMP versions that have
> Guy> "sprint_realloc_objid()"; do those versions all install
> Guy> <ucd-snmp/version.h>?
>
> Yes.

OK, I've removed the check for ucd-snmp/version.h, and always include it
if HAVE_UCD_SNMP is defined.