Ethereal-users: [Ethereal-users] Ethereal with Orinoco?

From: Rakesh Arora <rake_arora@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 31 Oct 2001 19:51:26 -0800 (PST)
Hi,
      I have installed Ethereal(windows NT version)
and it works fine on wired networks. When I install it
on a laptop having Orinoco silver card, then I run
into problems. I don't even see the beacon packets
sent from the Access Point (RG-1000). When I point my
browser to a URL, then I can see only the incoming
packets (no outgoing packets are visible). When
another client in the same wireless LAN requests a web
page, those packets are also invisible. I did click
the option of setting it in promiscuous mode.

I am probably doing something stupid but I don't know
what. On the mailing list of NetStumbler, I saw a post
from a guy saying that he was able to successfully
make Ethereal with Orinoco. Any suggestion that you
can give would be really helpful.

Thanks in advance.
-rakesh