Ethereal-users: Re: [Ethereal-users] Parsing NCP

From: Guy Harris <guy@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 31 Oct 2001 14:43:47 -0800 (PST)
> Are there  modules which allow to parse NCP frame.

Yes.

> My problem is that When
> I dump frame between my Linux  ethernet and my  novell server "ethereal"
> sees  NCP frames but it can not the parse  NCP.

The code in Ethereal to parse NCP packets may not be able to parse *all*
NCP packets, as people haven't added support for all possible NCP
packets.  However, it definitely parses *some* NCP packets.

Gilbert Ramirez (who is one of the Ethereal core developers, and also
reads this list) maintains the NCP dissector.  (I'm not involved with
the NCP dissector, so don't reply to me on this; I can't help you with
any NCP problems.)