Ethereal-users: [Ethereal-users] [at]ethereal vs tcpdump - Performance

From: "Tinga Shilo" <tingashilo@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 29 Oct 2001 08:52:49 +0200
Hi,

A person working with me claims that in high volume traffic
both ethereal and tethereal seemed to lose packets, while tcpdump
didn't.
My response to this was, that while with ethereal, as a GUI application, this might make sense,
tethereal practically uses the same libpcap as tcpdump (maybe more ?),
and should not differ from tcpdump.

Was I right ?
If I am, what facts can make my case stronger ?

If I'm wrong, don't tell him :-)