Ethereal-users: [Ethereal-users] Bus Error - core dump

Date: Mon, 22 Oct 2001 10:21:07 -0400
Hello,

I'm hoping someone can point me to further information as to
why I consistently am getting a 'Bus Error' and core dump
when ever I try to run the ethereal executable. The tethereal
executable does not do this.

I have compiled the 0.8.20 source code on my Solaris 8
workstation having installed gtk-1.2.8. My compiler is the
GCC-2.95 with glib-1.2.8. I also have the ucd-snmp-4.2.2
libraries.

I've done the configure, make, make install. There don't
appear to be any errors during compile.

So what am I not doing? Any ideas?

Lynn Ragan
fluteplayer@xxxxxxx

This email was sent using ACD.net Web Email!

For high speed internet access, go to http://www.acd.net
or call 1-877-4-ACDNET