Ethereal-users: Re: [Ethereal-users] Bus Error - core dump

From: Guy Harris <guy@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 22 Oct 2001 14:17:50 -0700 (PDT)
> I'm hoping someone can point me to further information as to
> why I consistently am getting a 'Bus Error' and core dump
> when ever I try to run the ethereal executable. The tethereal
> executable does not do this.
>
> I have compiled the 0.8.20 source code on my Solaris 8
> workstation having installed gtk-1.2.8.

How did you install GTK+ 1.2.8?

If you installed the binary package from sunfreeware.com, un-install it
- and the corresponding GLib 1.2.8 package - and either install GLib and
GTK+ from source, or from the 1.2.10 builds on sunfreeware.com, or from
binary packages from The Written Word:

	http://www.thewrittenword.com/

The 1.2.8 GTK+ distribution from sunfreeware.com appears to be broken,
as several people have had problems with it and Ethereal.