Ethereal-users: RE: [Ethereal-users] Download errors

From: Richard Urwin <RUrwin@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 22 Oct 2001 09:15:35 +0100
>From my own experience, it's either IE or MS Proxy Server that does it. I
was never too sure because either MS Proxy or our ISP was messing up the
downloads, and I couldn't tell if IE of MS Proxy created the braindamaged
behavior of saying the download was successful.

If you're running MS Proxy Server you wont be able to use Netscape through
it because MS use a proprietry authorisation protocol. My problem was that
MS proxy was sitting between me and the web and I couldn't even run a
standalone FTP client.

Try Netscape or a standalone FTP client if your net access doesn't firewall
them out. Otherwise always check everything you download.

--
Richard Urwin, Software Design Engineer
Ricardo Test Automation