Ethereal-users: RE: [Ethereal-users] Download errors

From: Jeff Foster <jfoste@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 22 Oct 2001 13:10:23 -0500
From: Richard Urwin [mailto:RUrwin@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx]
Sent: Monday, October 22, 2001 3:16 AM

> If you're running MS Proxy Server you wont be able to use Netscape through
> it because MS use a proprietry authorisation protocol. My problem was that
> MS proxy was sitting between me and the web and I couldn't even run a
> standalone FTP client.

I sit behind a MS Proxy Server and I can access the web via Netscape.
The trick I found is that you have to have the domain in the user
name for authentication. And, of course, you have to point Netscape at
the proxy server port 80. This assume that the Web_proxy service is
running on MS Proxy server.

For example:

	Domain = my_dom
	user = my_id

	When the authentication box is displayed enter domain\id, in this
	case enter my_dom\my_id.

Jeff Foster
jfoste@xxxxxxxxxxxx

***
The information in this e-mail is confidential and intended solely for the
individual or entity to whom it is addressed. If you have received this
e-mail in error please notify the sender by return e-mail, delete this
e-mail, and refrain from any disclosure or action based on the information.
****