Ethereal-dev: Re: [Ethereal-dev] GTK+ 1.3 errors

From: Guy Harris <guy@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 18 Aug 2003 16:57:46 -0700

On Monday, August 18, 2003, at 4:01 AM, Biot Olivier wrote:

The problem lies in Ethereal defining an own GtkCList (for performance
reasons).

...that don't apply with recent versions of GTK+ (they picked up my changes to keep an end-of-list pointer in 1.2.8 or so). At this point, we might want to just get rid of the private GtkCList (although at some point we may have our own private widget, with its own API, that gets the column text by a callback).

 The problem you mention is common to MinGW and cygwin.

...and AIX, as well, I think, although the symptoms are probably different.