Ethereal-dev: Re: [Ethereal-dev] Patches for MingW

From: "Gisle Vanem" <giva@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 18 Aug 2003 23:26:16 +0200
"Guy Harris" <guy@xxxxxxxxxxxx> said:

> Does "README.win32" need to be updated to give any instructions on
> doing so?

Maybe I could add a section on using MingW. But my approach
used a home-brew monolithic Makefile since I didn't try the configure
method; I have a strong aversion towards Configure, m4 and bash :)

I've put my Makefile here if you're interested in adding it to the
distro: http://www.bgnett.no/~giva/misc/ethereal-mingw.zip

> > Some patches where needed though:
> >
> > * <ws2tcpip.h> is needed for INET6 code in epan/resolv.c
>
> Checked in.  (Would that also be needed for other compilers/platforms,
> e.g. VC++ 6.0?)

Sure, yes. Not user about if Cygwin have conflicting macros in some
<netinet/in.h> file. I don't have Cygwin.

--gv

There are only 10 types of people in this world...