Ethereal-dev: Re: [Ethereal-dev] Basic i18n (Internationalization)

From: Guy Harris <gharris@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 27 May 2001 13:50:40 -0700
On Sun, May 27, 2001 at 10:45:45PM +0200, Juan Toledo wrote:
> Humm... I'll check to see if there is any... But does the windows
> port use the configure stuff at all? I thought it didn't.

It doesn't (at least not if you build with MSVC++; it might work with
Cygwin, although I don't think anybody's ever built Ethereal with
Cygwin), but...

> All references to i18n in the code is enabled only if ENABLE_NLS is
> defined.

...if you don't define ENABLE_NLS, that means you have an English-only
version of Ethereal.  Ideally, we should be able to localize it on all
platforms (UNIX flavors and Windows), regardless of whether the platform
has GNU gettext.