Ethereal-dev: Re: [Ethereal-dev] Basic i18n (Internationalization)

From: Juan Toledo <toledo@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 27 May 2001 22:45:45 +0200
On Sun, May 27, 2001 at 01:07:53PM -0700, Guy Harris wrote:
> On Sun, May 27, 2001 at 06:49:12PM +0200, Juan Toledo wrote:
> > It requires that a _developer_ rebuilding the configure file has gettext
> > installed.
>
> Is there a version of gettext for Windows?
>
> If not, then there is at least one class of important developer for whom
> this isn't going to work....

Humm... I'll check to see if there is any... But does the windows
port use the configure stuff at all? I thought it didn't.

All references to i18n in the code is enabled only if ENABLE_NLS is
defined. If not, the code stays identical to what it was before the
patch. ENABLE_NLS is the defined if gettext is found at compile time and
i18n is not disabled through a configure option.

I'll take I look in the web for a version of gettext for windows right
away, but as I say, if the Windows build system doesn't use automake
it shouldn't be affected. If it does, I'm sure there will be a gettext
version for windows.

Regards,
Juan.

--
EtherApe, a graphical network monitor modeled after etherman
http://etherape.sourceforge.net/