Ethereal-dev: [Ethereal-dev] Passive ftp

From: Juan Toledo <toledo@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 10 May 2001 16:16:41 +0200
While developing EtherApe I found the need to support passive ftp
to reduce the number of unknown tcp ports found in the protocols list.

As usual I went to the ethereal sources for a quick copy and paste
and I was surprised to find that it was not supported.

Thus I've implemented my own (simpler) version of conversations to
support RPC replies packets and passive ftp and it's working now.

Now my question is: is there any technical reason that goes beyond
me for ethereal not to support passive ftp? If not I'll be glad
to turn around the usual procedure around and at last be able
to contribute to ethereal.

Regards,
Juan.

--
EtherApe, a graphical network monitor modeled after etherman
http://etherape.sourceforge.net/