Ethereal-dev: [Ethereal-dev] Re: Rif: Re: [Ethereal-users] Add protocol description

From: Guy Harris <guy@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 10 May 2001 17:12:05 -0700 (PDT)
(Note: the message about my Flashcom DSL service being shut down,
suggesting that you send mail not to "gharris@xxxxxxxxxxxx" but to
"guy@xxxxxxxxxxxx", was not a joke; if anybody gets that message, they
should re-send the mail to "guy@xxxxxxxxxxxx", so that I don't have to
forward it to myself at work, as I did here.)

> Could you give me another help ? :)
>
> I've downloaded ethereal source code from www.ethereal.com but i'm not
> able to compile and then link because some module return any errors.
>
>  I've got:
>
>  W98
>  MS VC++ 6.0
>

> I've uncompressed following file ....
>
>  glib-dev-19990828-reconstructed.zip
>  extralibs-dev-20000722.zip
>  glib-dev-20000805.zip
>  gtk+-dev-19990828-reconstructed.zip
>  gtk+-dev-20000722.zip
>  zlib-1.1.3-fixed.zip
>  gtk+-dev-20001226.zip
>  ethereal-2001-04-23.tar.gz
>
> ... and then i'he modified the 'config.nmake' config file to set
> correct path ( Without success ).
>

> Heeeeeeeellllllppppppp meeeeeeeeeeee !

I'm afraid that, given that you haven't said what the errors *are*, I
cannot help you, as I have no idea what the problems you're having are,
and thus have no idea what the reasons might be why you're having those
problems.

In addition, there's no guarantee that I'm the person who can best help
you, so please send mail to "ethereal-dev@xxxxxxxxxxxx", not just to me,
giving a detailed listing of the errors produced when you try to compile
Ethereal.