Wireshark-users: Re: [Wireshark-users] registry edit for Broadcom NetXtreme 57xx GE NIC for Wires

From: Guy Harris <guy@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 9 Jan 2008 15:10:31 -0800

On Jan 9, 2008, at 1:51 AM, Nelson Law wrote:

I can see the vlan information but the Organization Code is incorrect. This packet is the Extreme EAPS packet with organization code = 0x00e02b and Type=0x00bb. But now, the organization code is 0x000000 and type=0xaaaa after adding this registry – PreserveVlanInfoInRxPacket.

Either it's a buggy driver or a buggy dissector; could you save that one packet to a capture file and send us a copy of that capture file so we can see which it is and, if it's a buggy dissector, try to fix it? (Obviously there's not much we can do about a buggy Broadcom driver. :-))