Wireshark-users: Re: [Wireshark-users] Question on new U3P format of Wireshark

From: "Erick B" <erickbee@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 27 Jan 2007 17:46:11 -0600
I downloaded this new U3P package and tried it on my U3 flash drive.

When you run it, it installs WinPcap (regular WinPcap installer) and
when you exit WireShark it brings up Uninstall WinPcap application.

I was just testing it out, etc myself also, as I just recently picked
up a U3 drive. I needed a bigger portable thumb drive and found a deal
on one w/U3 - wasn't looking for U3 specifically.

So for now I think I'll stick to using regular install of WireShark so
I don't have to deal with WinPcap every time I use WireShark.