Wireshark-users: [Wireshark-users] Question on new U3P format of Wireshark

From: "Small, James" <JSmall@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 27 Jan 2007 14:33:16 -0500
I have a question on the upcoming U3P package of Wireshark:

Let's say I get a U3 flash drive, and the u3p package for Wireshark.
Does that mean I can take that flash drive to any computer (let's say
Windows XP computer), plug it in, and run Wireshark doing a promiscuous
capture from the U3P package?  I won't have to install anything,
including WinPcap on the host computer?

The last point I'm especially interested in--with the U3 packaging
format, does it preclude having to install a driver on the host?

Thanks,
  --Jim