Wireshark-users: Re: [Wireshark-users] Question on new U3P format of Wireshark

From: "Small, James" <JSmall@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 27 Jan 2007 19:24:15 -0500
Thanks Erick--that's exactly what I was wondering.

I agree that for our own computers, we'd just want Wireshark installed.

However, if you work in support and have to do a capture on a computer
with nothing the new packaging is definitely an improvement over having
to install everything.

--Jim

Wireshark
> > and I'm wondering if this U3P package allows Wireshark to run from a
> > flash drive without installing anything on the host including
WinPcap.