Wireshark-dev: Re: [Wireshark-dev] RfD: How to handle libnghttp2 [Was: libnghttp2 checkin broke

From: Alexis La Goutte <alexis.lagoutte@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 3 May 2015 19:35:00 +0200

On Sun, May 3, 2015 at 3:04 PM, Joerg Mayer <jmayer@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
On Sun, May 03, 2015 at 12:03:48PM +0200, Alexis La Goutte wrote:
> > While we are at the (sub-)topic of libnghttp: Now that the protocol is
> > finalized,
> > should we still import the source into our source or treat it like we
> > treat (most)
> > other external libs: Just check for its availability and use iot if
> > present?
> >
> Yes, the protocol is finalized but the lib is not available on all
> distribution...
> and specially on Windows and Mac OS X... (no packages available)

Well, that is likely to change at least at the Linux side. On OS X and Windows
we do provide setup scripts for that kind of stuff already - and that way we do
not need to care about maintaining the code in tree.
if you have some times, no problem...
A another (may be simple) solution, is writing a HPACK decode for Wireshark... (it is the reason why i using nghttp2 lib)

Regards,

Ciao
      Jörg

--