Wireshark-dev: [Wireshark-dev] RfD: How to handle libnghttp2 [Was: libnghttp2 checkin broken]

From: Joerg Mayer <jmayer@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 2 May 2015 17:53:07 +0200
On Sat, May 02, 2015 at 10:01:25AM +0200, Alexis La Goutte wrote:
> > The fundamental problem (at least with the checkAPIs portion of the hook)
> > is that some files/directories have different rules than others. Currently
> > that intelligence is built into the Makefiles which isn't really available
> > to the hook.
> >
> > A Better Way would be to build that intelligence into checkAPIs, maybe
> > with a configuration file in each directory.
>
> Patches are welcome :-)

OK, I see your point. If nobody beats me to it, I will look into this after my
holidy.

Btw.: Many of the things that checkAPI (without extra options) Errors about should
be fixed in any case.

While we are at the (sub-)topic of libnghttp: Now that the protocol is finalized,
should we still import the source into our source or treat it like we treat (most)
other external libs: Just check for its availability and use it if present?

Ciao
      Jörg