Wireshark-dev: Re: [Wireshark-dev] RfD: How to handle libnghttp2 [Was: libnghttp2 checkin broke

From: Alexis La Goutte <alexis.lagoutte@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 3 May 2015 12:03:48 +0200

On Sat, May 2, 2015 at 5:53 PM, Joerg Mayer <jmayer@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
On Sat, May 02, 2015 at 10:01:25AM +0200, Alexis La Goutte wrote:
> > The fundamental problem (at least with the checkAPIs portion of the hook)
> > is that some files/directories have different rules than others. Currently
> > that intelligence is built into the Makefiles which isn't really available
> > to the hook.
> >
> > A Better Way would be to build that intelligence into checkAPIs, maybe
> > with a configuration file in each directory.
>
> Patches are welcome :-)

OK, I see your point. If nobody beats me to it, I will look into this after my
holidy.
:-D

Btw.: Many of the things that checkAPI (without extra options) Errors about should
be fixed in any case.

While we are at the (sub-)topic of libnghttp: Now that the protocol is finalized,
should we still import the source into our source or treat it like we treat (most)
other external libs: Just check for its availability and use iot if present?
Yes, the protocol is finalized but the lib is not available on all distribution...
and specially on Windows and Mac OS X... (no packages available)

Ciao
      Jörg

--
Joerg Mayer                                           <jmayer@xxxxxxxxx>