Wireshark-dev: Re: [Wireshark-dev] Latest libnghttp2 checkin broken

From: Joerg Mayer <jmayer@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 1 May 2015 14:17:41 +0200
On Fri, May 01, 2015 at 10:42:01AM +0200, Alexis La Goutte wrote:
> On Fri, May 1, 2015 at 1:46 AM, Joerg Mayer <jmayer@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>
> > The latest checkin to libnghttp2 should not have happend:
> > a) it breaks compilation on my system
> >   /home/jmayer/work/wireshark/git/epan/nghttp2/nghttp2_hd.c: In function
> > ‘hd_inflate_remove_bufs_with_name’:
> > /home/jmayer/work/wireshark/git/epan/nghttp2/nghttp2_hd.c:1736:10: error:
> > variable ‘rv’ set but not used [-Werror=unused-but-set-variable]
> >    size_t rv;
> >           ^
> >
> What compile and release do you using ?

I have found and fixed the problem: I did a non-debug build (see commit
f708c5cb56135515b6b777f144e90d488870c470)
So we would probably need at least one buildbot to build with NDEBUG set to
catch this.

> > b) it can only have been committed with --no-verify as it contains
> > deprecated
> >    functions (checkAPI.pl). I hit this during conflict resolution (git
> > commit).
> >
> > pre-commit tools is no perfect... it is for help when commit code and
> there is some false postive...

Please verify on your system and let me know the results. Here's the result on mine:
jmayer@egg nghttp2(master)$ ../../tools/checkAPIs.pl *
Error: Found prohibited APIs in nghttp2_helper.c: ntohl,ntohs,htonl,htons
Error: Found prohibited APIs in nghttp2_mem.c: malloc,calloc,realloc,free
Error: Found prohibited APIs in nghttp2_net.h: ntohl,ntohs,htonl,htons

Ciao
     Jörg