Wireshark-dev: Re: [Wireshark-dev] Sample command line workflow with git and gerrit

From: Hadriel Kaplan <hadriel.kaplan@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 25 Feb 2014 20:39:37 -0500
On Feb 25, 2014, at 8:14 PM, Evan Huus <eapache@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> We also have the developer guide ([1] and friends). Ideally this
> information would only live in one place, though there doesn't seem to
> be a consensus as to where that is (wiki, README, developer guide).
>
> [1] https://www.wireshark.org/docs/wsdg_html_chunked/ChSrcContribute.html

Yeah, but I mean even for things like git/gerrit tips and full workflow.

For example:
- using/getting the commit-msg hook (and needing to use it) for Change-IDs
- to use '--amend' and leaving the Change-ID alone when submitting an update of your submit
- avoiding merging local branches because a merge commit won't have the change-id and can't/shouldn't be sent up to gerrit
- using the pre-commit hook to catch whitespace errors
- squashing commits into one commit to be gerrit'ed
- how to upload/gerrit backport commits

Some of those things are on various pages in various places in wiki/code/docs, but not one place afaik.

-hadriel