Wireshark-dev: Re: [Wireshark-dev] Wireshark 1.4 & Cmake status

From: Joerg Mayer <jmayer@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 14 May 2010 15:04:26 +0200
On Fri, May 14, 2010 at 03:00:35AM +0100, Jose Pedro Oliveira wrote:
> Will we be able to build Wireshark 1.4 using Cmake from its
> source tarball? I'm asking this because the CMake files
> are available in the svn trunk but are not being shipped in
> the current developer [1] or buildbot [2] tarballs.

Well, most of the elementary stuff builds and installs on my system but
I don't regard it being release quality:
- The lua-plugin doesn't build (it did at some point in time, but later
  code changes broke this and I failed to fix it within a 2 hour timeframe.
- It should work on current Linux systems
- At least GTK2, GLIB2 and Kerberos detection need more work.
- Install works, but packaging (deb, rpm, ...) and source packaging don't.
- The docbook stuff is horrible and needs to be (at least partially) redone.
- Non-Linux Unix'ish OSses might or might not work - tests and reports
  always welcome.
- Windows is out of the scope of what *I* can support right now, as I lack
  Windows, a build-environment and the knowledge for it.

That said, compiling and installing *should* work and if it doesn't I'm
interested in bugreports!

Ciao
     Joerg