Wireshark-dev: Re: [Wireshark-dev] Help Me To Solve The Problem

From: "Maynard, Chris" <Christopher.Maynard@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 27 Apr 2010 00:21:20 -0400
Maybe you can try to use your debugger and place a breakpoint at an appropriate place in capture_info.c to try to figure out exactly why it's failing?

BTW, is there any particular reason why you're using 0.99.5 and Visual C++ 7.10?  You might try using VS2008EE as your compiler, as that's the one recommended in the online developer guide (http://www.wireshark.org/docs/wsdg_html_chunked/ChSetupWin32.html), and you might also try compiling and developing your plugin against a much newer version of Wireshark, such as the latest development version, 1.3.4, or the latest stable version, 1.2.7.

- Chris