Wireshark-dev: Re: [Wireshark-dev] Code Collaborator from SmartBear Software

From: Jaap Keuter <jaap.keuter@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 27 Apr 2010 05:44:12 +0200
Hi,

I quickly read through the website to get a feel for the product and the process it tries to support. From what I see it's very nice tool to do a CMM level 2 development, even distinuted geographically.
Still I don't think it solves a real problem in Wireshark development. We're not looking for review sessions, code metrics, discussion/defact tracking. We're looking for eyeballs, connected to brains spending cycles processing all "The good, the bad and the ugly code". Since these have to be sourced from a limited supply, even this tool won't speed things up. Mind you, there are good things in this tool, which we cover in a different way, like Bugzilla and this mailinglist.

Ok, I'm back to sleep now :)

Thanks,
Jaap

Send from my iPhone