Wireshark-dev: Re: [Wireshark-dev] Help Me To Solve The Problem

From: Stephen Fisher <steve@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 25 Apr 2010 16:05:06 -0600
On Thu, Apr 22, 2010 at 04:32:05PM +0800, lie zheng wrote:

> One error dialog box which displayed some information " The file
> "C:\DOCUME~1\zheng\LOCALS~1\Temp\etherXXXX" could not be opened for
> some unknown reason." happend.

This error message comes from capture_info.c under the case
WTAP_ERR_CANT_OPEN for the variable err, which is being called from
capture_info_new_file() in the same source file, which is probably being
called from wiretap/file_access.c.  There are numerous reasons
capture_info_new_file would fail and return NULL; take a look at
wiretap/.file_access.c and see if any of those could be the problem.  My
first guess would be a file permissions issue.

What does your plug-in do?  If you can build *the same source tree*
without your plug-in and it works, then look at the plug-in.  Don't
compare a downloaded version of Wireshark to your local source tree
minus your plug-in.

--
Steve