Wireshark-dev: Re: [Wireshark-dev] dissector plugin help

From: Brian Oleksa <oleksab@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 27 Mar 2009 11:38:40 -0400
Philippe

I have recompiled my plugin using "Microsoft Visual C++ 2008 Express Edition".
I deployed it and it worked..!!

It appears that the C RunTime Libraries where indeed the problem (version mismatch).

Thanks for all your help.

I should be good to go for now.

Thanks again..!!

Brian

philippe alarcon wrote:
Hi Brian,

We have not the same environment.
On my station, I have generated WireShark 1.1.3,
and I use "Microsoft Visual C++ 2008 Express Edition".
In this environment, your plugin is running correctly.

I remember that others have encountered problems
for using a recent plugin with older versions of WireShark,
and/or for generating plugin without having the complete
development tree of WireShark.
Have you searched in the mail archives ?

Regards
Philippe