Wireshark-dev: [Wireshark-dev] New CRC code (Was: Re: WS 1.1.3 release?)

From: Gerald Combs <gerald@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 18 Mar 2009 15:03:28 -0700
Richard van der Hoff wrote:
>> Also, it might be useful to have all of the CRC code in one place, such as
>> epan/crc/. It would be _really_ useful if each of our CRC modules listed their
>> corresponding parameters.
>
> As the original author of epan/crc16.c, I couldn't agree more.

I've checked in a change which adds pycrc-generated code to epan/crc and uses
the new CRC code in the Profinet dissector.

Ulf, can you verify that the new CRC code works correctly? I tested it
successfully with a separate test program, but not an actual PROFINET capture.

--
Join us for Sharkfest’09  |  Stanford University, June 15 – 18
http://www.cacetech.com/sharkfest.09/