Wireshark-dev: Re: [Wireshark-dev] WS 1.1.3 release?

From: Gerald Combs <gerald@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 18 Mar 2009 12:23:49 -0700
Joerg Mayer wrote:
> On Mon, Mar 16, 2009 at 10:46:07AM -0700, Gerald Combs wrote:
>> Joerg Mayer wrote:
>>> Hi Gerald,
>>>
>>> do you have any plans on a 1.1.3 release?
>> I'll try to have it out in the next couple of days.
>
> I think we need to resolve the GPLv2 only thing before a release.

For plugins/profinet/crc16.[ch], why don't we generate a new module? It looks
like there are several generators available that output GPL-compatible code, e.g.

    http://www.tty1.net/pycrc/pycrc.html
    http://mcgougan.se/universal_crc/
    http://crcmod.sourceforge.net/

Pycrc appears to be the most friendly since you can pass it a model name, e.g.
"pycrc.py --model ccitt" and it includes a list of parameters in the generated code.

Also, it might be useful to have all of the CRC code in one place, such as
epan/crc/. It would be _really_ useful if each of our CRC modules listed their
corresponding parameters.

--
Join us for Sharkfest’09  |  Stanford University, June 15 – 18
http://www.cacetech.com/sharkfest.09/