Wireshark-dev: Re: [Wireshark-dev] New CRC code (Was: Re: WS 1.1.3 release?)

From: Ulf Lamping <ulf.lamping@xxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 18 Mar 2009 23:52:12 +0100
Gerald Combs schrieb:
Richard van der Hoff wrote:
Also, it might be useful to have all of the CRC code in one place, such as
epan/crc/. It would be _really_ useful if each of our CRC modules listed their
corresponding parameters.
As the original author of epan/crc16.c, I couldn't agree more.

I've checked in a change which adds pycrc-generated code to epan/crc and uses
the new CRC code in the Profinet dissector.

Ulf, can you verify that the new CRC code works correctly? I tested it
successfully with a separate test program, but not an actual PROFINET capture.

Hi Gerald!

Currently I don't have the corresponding PN stuff with me.

I'll check this ASAP, hopefully tomorrow, at least until monday ...

Regards, ULFL