Wireshark-dev: Re: [Wireshark-dev] WS 1.1.3 release?
From: Richard van der Hoff <[email protected]>
Date: Wed, 18 Mar 2009 23:21:56 +0000
Joerg Mayer wrote:
On Wed, Mar 18, 2009 at 08:29:42PM +0000, Richard van der Hoff wrote:
I'm not quite up-to-speed with the problems here: is the problem that we have some GPLv2-only parts and some GPLv3-only parts? I'm not sure that that is a new problem, is it?
Wireshark binaries should be under a "GPLv2 or newer" license, not a
"GPLv2" license.
Ok, so how does that tie in with COPYING saying "Wireshark is
distributed under the GNU GPLv2?"  I suppose that's true, but the
implication is that it therefore *cannot* be distributed under GPLv3.
It would be nice if this were clearer IMHO.

--
Richard van der Hoff <[email protected]>
Project Manager